Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Sleeping Positions

So Simon has had some troubles falling asleep ever since he was sick a few weeks ago. We're trying to get him back on a routine but most nights we just let him "cry it out". The funny/sad part is all the different positions he winds up between the time we put him in his crib to the time he actually falls asleep. Usually he ends up playing with the bumper pads so this is how I found him after he fell asleep for his late afternoon nap on July 4th. Then this weekend he also started pulling himself up in his crib. During his nap yesterday, July 5th, I found him standing on the side of his crib pulling down all the toys that sit next to his crib into his crib. It didn't really bring him much statisfaction because he kept crying but I was shocked to see him keep pulling himself up. He's done it every time since then when he is in his crib. (I will try to upload a video of this soon).

Tonight he really had a hard time falling asleep so after the second attempt of putting him down he basically fell asleep out of exhaustion. When I didn't hear any more crying I stuck my head in his room and he had fallen asleep sitting up with his head against the side of the crib. His head kept bobbing to the side. I ran downstairs to get my camera and by the time I came back this is what I found. He just fell over to let his head rest on the mattress. Poor little guy was folded in half. I was really nervous to move him but was more afraid of him waking up in pain with his legs asleep or something so I carefully moved him to be comfortably sleeping on his stomach. By the way, he is just like his Daddy because he loves to sleep on his stomach. That is how he ends up sleeping every night as of the past few weeks. At first it worried us and we would flip him back over when we went to sleep but he would always end up back on his stomach again so we figured if he could get on his stomach he could get off if he needed to.Sorry for the whirlwind of posts all at once but I'm trying to play catch up and I finally had a free night. My next goal is to round up (and narrow down) all the pictures from our Texas trip so I can post about our fun adventures.

1 comment:

Alex said...

That is just too cute!