THIS:
Brian and I celebrated our 3 year wedding anniversary yesterday. I got back from lunch and as I turned the corner to my desk I saw my handsome husband standing by my chair with a beautiful bouquet of flowers waiting for me. Getting flowers is one of my favorite things but Brian won't do it unless it is a surprise. So if I ever ask for them or suggest he can get them for my birthday or something it doesn't happen. I've learned to stop asking and apparently it comes at the right moments!I'm so grateful for my husband who puts up with all of my moods and loves me anyway. He is a wonderful husband and father. Yesterday morning he told Simon that we were married 3 years ago so that he could come to us. It was such a precious moment. I won't lie, it made me want to stay home from work and just play with the two of them all day. Too bad we both had to work.
That evening we decided to just do a quiet dinner at home after Simon went to bed. We barbecued steak and corn on the cob and made fresh home-made Mango Salsa. It was a really good meal. Simon decided during dinner that he wanted to celebrate with us. He would fall asleep for a few minutes and then wake up crying over and over again while we were making dinner. Then during dinner he screamed pretty much the whole time. So eventually I gave in and brought him down to join us. He played on the floor for a little while as we cleaned up and then I took him back up to bed. He finally fell asleep for the night some time after 10pm. Obviously he was exhausted when he woke up this morning at 7am. This kid needs to learn to sleep in!! It was a nice, low key anniversary. I think the best part was just being in the kitchen making dinner together. It's been a while since we've done that. And now I have beautiful flowers on my desk that I get to smell all day. It makes me smile!
No comments:
Post a Comment