Thursday, March 26, 2009

Kyle's Mission Call

Yesterday my little brother got his mission call! I was so excited all day long to see if it came that day. Around 4 pm he called to tell me it was there so we planned to come over at 6pm to watch him open it. Unfortunately Maria was in Layton for a Conference so she wasn't able to make it but Brian and I were there to support him and 2 of his friends were there too. Kyle was on the phone with our parents and I had my phone on speaker phone with Maria on it. It was so cool to be there and see his reaction when he read he's going to serve in the...Florida Ft. Lauderdale mission. I am so happy for him. He will be speaking Spanish and he reports to the MTC on June 10th. He will be missed while he's gone but I am so proud of him for making such a wonderful decision to serve the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for 2 years.

Kyle reading his call while on the phone with our parents.

Here he is looking at the map of his mission area.
The proud supporters!!
I have had the opportunity to work with Kyle the past 7 months so I have been able to see him pretty much every day. It has been such a fun experience since I left home for college when he was 10 years old! I know he is ecstatic for this chance to serve and he will do a wonderful job and come back stronger. Good luck buddy!!

1 comment:

MOWER said...

I'm so happy he's going!!! Its really exciting to know that good men are out there. And I'm really excited that he's leaving on my Birthday. I will remember him on that day. Chantel