Sunday, March 01, 2009

Here Comes the Sun!

I feel like there hasn't been a whole lot going on these past few weeks to update on but I'll just do a quick recap. Brian went to DC last week for a work conference. He flew out on a red-eye flight Tuesday night so I was up way later than I should have been! (I'm just glad I made it home safely from dropping him off!) I have a hard time being productive while he's gone. I cleaned the kitchen Wednesday night and then just watched TV until bed time. Then on Thursday I had my photography class so I didn't get home until later. I made myself something to eat and then went to bed. Then on Friday I came home from work, made myself a pre-dinner, quickly made chocolate chip cookies to surprise Brian, and then left for the airport. I'm glad I didn't have too much time while he was gone to sit around and focus on him being gone. Don't get me wrong...I missed him dearly but I'm usually more of a basket case when I'm alone.

I gave Brian the cookies when I picked him up from the airport and just as I suspected...he was starving! So we decided to go out for dinner at the Texas Roadhouse. We got a Cactus Blossom (onion covered in delicious batter then fried) and then shared an entree. The portion sizes there are so large that we knew we only needed one for both of us...and we still had left overs. It's a fun atmosphere as well as good food. And besides, who wouldn't like Texas BBQ!!

The most exciting thing we get to look forward to this week is we are going to California on Thursday!! We decided after Brian's parents didn't make it out here for Christmas that we would try to go visit family in California. We figured we would want to escape from the cold and need a vacation come February but we couldn't find a weekend that would work in February. So we finally found March worked best. We will be staying with Brian's sister in San Diego and seeing the sights down there. I can't wait for warmer weather (hopefully it will be nice weather). More details and I'm sure tons of pictures to come next week after our trip. That's all for now!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

You will totally love it here in Cali! Yesterday I was so tempted to turn on the air conditioning because it was 82 degrees in our apartment!