Thursday, March 26, 2009

Breakfast & LaJolla Beach Area

Saturday morning we woke up early to go to breakfast before we headed in to San Diego for the day. We went to Swami's which Brian's sister recommended. It is really close to the beach and serves what I think they call "surfer breakfast" or something like that. I had the french toast, eggs, and bacon. Brian got a really good omelet with potatoes. It was pretty windy and chilly but the food was a good start to the day.
We took up 3 tables and all enjoyed the beautiful morning.
I think she made the biggest mess with all the syrup...it was all over her and the syrup bottle!
After breakfast we took the scenic route down the coast into San Diego. As we got into LaJolla we stopped at a beach and saw quite a site. This beach had tons of seals everywhere! Most of them were basking in the sun on the sand but some were playing in the water too. It was so cute to see the little baby ones.
It was a cool wind but such a beautiful day with the sun shining and the sounds of the beach.
These two seals were playing together in the water. I think this picture is of one kissing the other...so cute!
Oh, how I want to go back on a nice warm day in shorts and flip flops to really enjoy the beach!
The different colors in the water are so pretty and natural. The pelicans and seals add a lot to the picture too.
It was a detour that was well worth the extra time!!

No comments: