Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I See The Light!!

So, there is finally light at the end of the tunnel!! I started jogging at physical therapy 3 weeks ago. It felt pretty weird the first time and it was only a total of 5 minutes with a 30 second walk to begin and a 1 minute cool down walk. So today the therapist looked at my knee when I first got there and said it wasn't swollen any more so I didn't need the ultrasound machine thing and to just do my exercises. Then as I was leaving we passed in the hallway and I asked if I needed to keep coming if I just have exercises to do. He thinks one more time will be good for me and that I'm doing so great that I can just do everything on my own now. I AM SO EXCITED!! It's been about 4 1/2 months since surgery and I feel like it's gone really well once I got past the first month of not walking and the second month of learning to walk and progressing through the pain. I saw the surgeon last week on Monday and he is very pleased with my progress as well. I feel almost back to normal. I just need to keep strengthening the muscles. I can't fully squat down or kneel on it but the light is shining as I reach the end of the physical therapy expense!! Now I just need to keep motivated enough to do my exercises on my own...

P.S. - Pictures to come soon of our California trip...we had a blast and took tons of pictures so I'm still sorting through them...

No comments: