Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Quick Update

I don't have access to all the pictures I've taken the past few weeks but I just wanted to give a quick update on the holiday seasons. For Thanksgiving we went to my aunts house up in Sandy. My grandma was there and one of my other aunts that lives in Salt Lake was there with her family. My little brother, Kyle, came with us too. It was so fun to be with family. It was nice and relaxing for me too. A beautiful meal was prepared by others and I got to partake of it! The food was delicious and the company was excellent. We played a game, Taboo, after dinner while making room for pie.

The day after Thanksgiving we slept in and then decorated the house for Christmas. It was so much fun to decorate our own home with our Christmas decor. It was fun (and took some creativity) finding a place for everything. For different reasons, we have tons of stockings, mainly that I have collected through the different apartments I've lived in. Basically we have a stocking or two in every room downstairs hanging from the doors. It's so fun! I have pictures that I will post later.

Also, the week before Thanksgiving we finally got furniture for our front room!! We have a couch and love seat. They fit perfectly in our front room and look really nice. We love them and can't believe we lived without furniture in there for so long! You will see them in the pictures with our Christmas decorations...coming soon!

Progress on my knee...it's coming along slowly because I haven't been able to walk on it. But that all changes tomorrow, Wednesday!!! YEAH!!!!!! I can hardly contain my excitement. I know my quad and hamstring muscles have atrophied from not using them for almost a month so it will take some time to get them working again but at least I can start to put weight on it and hopefully see more progress this way. The furthest I've had my knee bend is about 120 degrees. That's pretty good but then I had a few bad days so I'm working at it.

I will update more soon with pictures and about walking for the first time!! Sorry for another non-picture post...I know they're boring without pictures but you'll get a picture overload very soon!!!!

1 comment:

Baird Family said...

Isn't it so fun decorating your first place! Can't wait to see pictures! or see it in person soon!!!