Friday, February 04, 2011

Crazy January

January has been a crazy busy month for us. On Jan 12th we had our ultrasound and found out that Simon is going to have a little baby brother!! We are so excited. They will only be 20 months apart so I am hoping they become good friends. Simon seems to really like babies and the kids younger than him in daycare so I’m hoping this won’t be too difficult of a transition for him when the baby comes. He doesn’t seem to understand really. Maybe when my belly gets bigger and I can’t hold him as much he’ll know something is happening.

Ever since Christmas (when we all got sick), Brian has been fighting congestion. It was not the best way to start off taking a couple of classes but he's been trying to push through. We were headed up to Ogden Friday, 1/14/11, to visit Brian's grandpa for the MLK holiday weekend.
Our weekend trip was postponed a day. As Brian and I were pulling out of the parking lot at his office he started getting dizzy. He stopped the car and waited for a few minutes and then told me I needed to drive for a little while. We were running a little behind so I hurried over to pick up Simon and Brian was still not feeling well. We started towards the freeway but within 2 minutes Brian was telling me we needed to figure out what was going on with him. We ended up at InstaCare and then the doctor said we needed to go to the ER because he wanted a CAT scan done right away to see if there was internal bleeding in his head because of his bleeding disorder and other symptoms. Several hours later, Brian was doing much better and most of his symptoms had gone away. All the test results came back normal so they claimed it was Vertigo having to do with his inner ear.

We made it up to Ogden Saturday morning but I was in charge of driving most of the weekend. We went bowling with some of Brian’s family in Brigham City and enjoyed our time away. Brian felt pretty wiped out most of the weekend so we didn’t do much but lounge around the house. I think Grandpa still enjoyed our company though. Now Brian is on the road to figuring out what happened with his head spinning, etc. He has had numerous appointments and tests scheduled so we’re hoping they can give us some answers.

My dad came into town at the beginning of January and we went out for dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe in Provo. It is a buffet restaurant that serves a variety of pizzas, pasta, salad bar, and dessert pizzas. We had a good time together with Maria, Tim, Dad and our family. Simon did a really good job eating and loved the pasta!!

This is the kissy/fish face that Simon has been doing a lot lately. Maria got the best picture of him doing it at dinner. Who wouldn't love this face??

On the way out of the restaurant Grandpa and Aunt Maria taught Simon the big jump game! He loved it so much. Pure joy on his little face.


Maria came over last Saturday and we did "girly things" as she told Tim. We did pedicures. I just wish it was sandal weather so I could show off my cute new polish and flower stencils on my toes. Maria sure loves playing with Simon and it is always nice to let someone else extract their energy to keep him entertained! We sure had a fun and relaxing weekend. Here are a couple more pictures Maria caught of Simon when she was at our house Saturday (1/29/11). He has been attached to his blankets as of the past 1-2 weeks. He now wants to take them out of his crib every time he gets up. Maria made it into a cape for him and he thought it was pretty funny.


We have my dad and Brian's parents coming to town next week so hopefully I'll remember to take pictures this time and not solely rely on my sister! Crazy how both of our dads overlap their business trips to Utah quite often. Oh well, we love having visitors!

No comments: