We were fortunate enough to get to go to Disneyland on Monday, November 22nd. Brian's parents had connections through friends so the whole family (except Brian's brother Jon and brother-in-law Jared) were able to go. It was only my 2nd time at Disneyland but I loved watching Simon's reactions to things. He did really well with only one small nap in his stroller during lunch. Here was our day in a nutshell of pictures.

We put Simon in this big brother shirt to announce to Brian's family that I was pregnant. We decided to do it at Disneyland so they would know why I wasn't riding any roller coaster rides. Brian's dad was the first one to make a comment but that wasn't until after the Jungle Cruise ride around 1:00pm. It only took them half the day to realize there was significance to his shirt! Brian and I thought it was pretty funny.
After the parade, Brian's parents offered to take Simon with them so we could go to dinner together at Big Thunder Ranch Barbecue. It was a nice dinner just the two of us. Brian's family ended up going to the Tiki Room and then taking all the kids home. Simon fell asleep on the way to the car and didn't wake up until morning. We sure wore him out. I don't know if he'll remember anything from this trip but we all had a lot of fun. I loved having Brian there to tell me about things and lead the way around. He grew up going there often and still loves it!
After Brian and I had dinner we wandered around the park and rode a few more rides, watched the fireworks, and were amazed at the beauty of the lights around the park. Then we did some souvenir shopping and headed home. I was glad we didn't have anything planned for the next day so we could re-coup from being on our feet all day!
2 comments:
I like all the pictures. Looks like a lot of fun!
Looks like a ton of fun!
I used Blurb.com. It was alright, but not the most user friendly. I just happened upon a killer deal for there a few months ago. But my sister-in-law recommended one called mycanvas.com. She says it has a better format and is cheaper. I'm going to look into it for my next book.
Good luck!
Post a Comment