Sunday, September 27, 2009

Ready & Waiting

So, I think for the most part we are ready for our little guy to join us. We finally got the dresser/changing table to our house (after buying it and not having transportation to get it home). It is stuffed full of clothes that we have collected the last several months. I'm amazed at just how many clothes this little kid is going to have. I may not ever have to do laundry!!

I ordered the mattress for the bassinet I made a few years ago. I had to get it custom made to fit so that also meant I had to make sheets and bumpers to fit too. I think it turned out pretty cute thanks to the fabric my mom got for me. I also made a yellow sheet for it so I have two.

And, the cradle is all set up in our room. Brian's parents used this when he was a baby and his sister has used it for her 5 kids and is now passing it down. It's very cute and I am excited to have it for our bedroom until he goes into the crib.
My official due date is on Wednesday, September 30th but I feel like I could go any minute sometimes. I've been slowly starting to progress but only time will tell when our son will join us. I'm just hoping it's sooner rather than later.

My dad flies into town today for a business trip and then my mom flies in on Friday to stay with us for 2 weeks. I'm really grateful that she's able to come and help me. I really hope my dad will be able to see the baby before he leaves (Thursday, the day after my due date and the day before my mom comes). Here's to hoping he's not too late!! I guess now I'd better get packing my bag for when it really does happen!

7 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

We are excited for you and Brian. We will keep you in our prayers and hope you get to see you lil guy this week!

Justin and Coralie said...

It looks so cute! Good luck on your upcoming arrival! I can't wait to see pictures :) I hope you're feeling well.

Alex said...

Wow, he's almost here!!! Hope you have a quick and uncomplicated L&D. Cute bassinet, you actually MADE that? Holy cow!!!

Emily Jones said...

Oooo, what an exciting time. You are going to love being a mom. Good luck!

Baird Family said...

Good luck sleeping, peeing every hour and getting out of bed ;) You are not as big as you feel, I promise! Hang in there! I still say Thursday or Friday- I'll even cross my fingers for you. I love you!

Jessica said...

Hee hee... good luck on not having to do laundry.

Alex said...

soooo....? still no baby?!?! ;)