So, this is my time to vent. I got my MRI yesterday and I have lots of "pictures" that I wish I could understand. So I called my doctors office today to see if I could get the results. They informed me that I had to actually make an appointment and go back in. I already know what they're going to tell me...surgery. I've come to terms with that fact but I don't have time (or the money) to just go to the doctor all the time. I need to save all of that for when I actually have the surgery. I was really hoping that since the MRI was sent to the doctors office already that I would just be able to talk to the doctor on the phone and have her tell me, yes, you need to find a surgeon now.
Ok, on a more positive note, I am really grateful to have health insurance to take care of this problem. I don't know how people survive without it. I'm worried about surviving with it. Co-pays really add up fast plus all the other portions you have to pay. I'm also grateful for a husband who cares about me and takes care of me. With his help I'll make it through this!
I will have the final results on Tuesday morning after my doctors appointment so stay tuned. Also, if you highly recommend an Orthopedic Surgeon please let me know.
By the way, the MRI was an interesting experience. The machine wasn't the typical tube machine you usually see patients slid into. It was more open in the middle. My knee was strapped into something and then they slid me into the machine. Luckily I got to have headphones on to listen to music during it. My head stuck out of the machine so there was no claustrophobia concerns. The MRI took 30 minutes to take all the pictures. The machine was pretty loud so I was grateful to have the headphones to drown out some of the sound. Another first experience for me.
2 comments:
Ugh, that brings back yucky memories of when I tore my meniscus in highschool... I had the headphones too, but yeah it was LOUD and my toe kept twitching because I was trying so hard to stay absolutely still and it was taking foreeeeeeever! In the end I just counted the dots on the speckled ceiling to keep myself calm... Good luck Tuesday, hope you receive good news! :)
I always get frustrated when they make you come in for results when they are avilable by phone. We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Take care and good luck!
PS We hope to get to visit with you the next time you come out to Cali!
Post a Comment