So I went to the doctor this afternoon and after a 45 minute wait in the room, my husband stuck his head out to make sure we weren't forgotten. They apologized and the doctor was right in. I really thought they may had forgotten about us. Well, she showed up all the MRI pictures and it is much easier to tell what you're looking at when a doctor shows you on a model compared to the pictures. So, the good part...I got the results. The bad part...1. torn ACL, 2. torn MCL, 3. possible minor meniscus tear, and 4. deep bruises in the knee bone. I sure did a number on my knee! My knee still had a lot of fluid in it so I haven't been able to bend it past 90 degrees. She said I need to have full range of motion before any surgeon will do surgery on my knee. So the nasty part...she wanted to remove the fluid from my knee...which required a needle. I don't do needles very well. So after explanation and persuassion from Brian and my doctor, I agreed. Long story short, I laid back, didn't look, felt a little bit of pressure, was reminded to breathe a few times, and made it through. I laid there and had some apple juice and the color came back to my face after a few minutes.
The doctor told me she pulled 35 cc's of fluid out of my knee. (Not quite sure how much that really means). I'm trying to keep from getting too graphic so I hope I'm not disturbing anyone. The doctor was glad to see that I could bend my knee easier after the fact. She also said my knee cap wasn't floating anymore. Next step, I have an appointment with the surgeon tomorrow. My job is to work out my knee to get movement back so surgery can happen soon. Hopefully we'll get more information from the surgeon tomorrow and schedule the surgery.
I hope I'm not boring (or disgusting) people with always talking about my knee problem but hey, it keeps me blogging about something...More to come.
4 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your knee...
Good luck with surgery though! Leg pains are no fun... bleh.
Don't worry about explaining things. It totally helps for others reading who may eventually deal with the same thing. You are so far from too detailed or gross is crazy. Get better. Good luck.
Nah you aren't to gross and I hope the visit with the surgeon goes well. Good luck and we are keeping you in our prayers.
PS I love how blogging helps keep people in the loop without having to rely on the round robin calls.
Thanks for all the info. I don't know how to exactly relate what 35 cc's is. 5 cc's = 1 teaspoon, so you had 7 tsp's of fluid taken out (maybe 1/4 cup? not sure).
BTW- you should hear what I tell Cole about over breakfast when I get home from work ;)
Post a Comment