Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's been a while...

So apparently I've really neglected my blog for several months. I've never gone this long! I guess having 2 little boys keeps me pretty busy (my house speaks volumes on that)... Anyway, I just wanted to jot down a few quick updates so they are documented. Brian and I were commenting this weekend about how much less documenting I do of Isaac's developments than when Simon was a baby so I needed to write a few things down to remember.

Over the weekend Isaac started cutting his 1st tooth! He has been pretty sick the past several weeks so I wasn't sure if it was fussiness lingering from that or what but, on Saturday (1/14/11) morning I felt a tiny bit of his bottom right tooth cutting through. So exciting!! Hopefully it will come through quickly.

We've had our share of sicknesses traveling through our house since Thanksgiving. We all took turns having the stomach flu right after Thanksgiving. Then the boys have had colds off and on. Simon went to the doctor the day after Christmas because his cough was getting worse. He had a viral infection in his throat and was given some cough syrup to help him sleep at night. Then on New Years Eve we took him in to our clinics Urgent Care and he was diagnosed with Strep Throat. We didn't get much sleep that night and not due to partying. Isaac started getting sick and had a fever starting around 3am. He had it most of Sunday even with us giving him Tylenol. So first thing Monday morning we took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with Hand, Foot, Mouth. I couldn't believe it! So we were told he was contagious until his blisters were gone. He had a patch of them on his elbow and then a few random ones on his leg and fingers, and apparently had a bunch in his throat. So that explained the up all night, pain, fever, etc. I kept both boys home all week just to be safe. I didn't want that to spread around daycare even though I'm pretty sure that's where the boys picked up their illnesses.

We tried to make the best of it but it was the first week of BYU's winter semester so I felt bad not being at work. Once we got over the hump day of the week (Wednesday) Isaac started feeling so much better so we were able to go outside a few times and enjoy the 50 degree weather. I really started enjoying being home by the end of the week and could really get used to that again.

Monday, Jan 9th, I took Isaac in to see the Dr again because he had a few lingering blisters so I wanted to make sure he was ok to go back to daycare. The Dr said he was fine but had a small ear infection. Are you serious?!?! Well, luckily I took him in to get him checked so we could get that cleared up quickly. So as long as Brian can get rid of his cough and lingering cold symptoms I think we're done with that long round of sickness! Now we just need to train Isaac to sleep through the night again. He's worse now than he was as a newborn!! One day at a time though.

Now I'll leave you with an adorable picture of Isaac and his to die for smile...
11/12/11

More updates to come about the non-sickly parts of the Holidays!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is a good thing to leave the post with, such a cute little boy!