Friday, September 30, 2011

Simon is 2!!

Simon turned 2 yesterday. We are having a little party on Saturday so we just took him out to dinner yesterday on his actual birthday. There was a balloon maker there so we decided to get one for him. We decided on an Elmo (rightfully so since his party theme is Sesame Street). At first he was interested in watching what was going on but he didn't really know what he was making. Then it was amazing to watch his face light up as Elmo began to take shape and he recognized what was being created. Once he had Elmo in his hands he was in heaven. He danced with him (like the dancing Elmo at daycare), hugged him, and was just thrilled. Here is a picture of him hugging Elmo.
I can't believe my little guy is already 2!! On the other hand...I can't believe he's only 2 and I already have an almost 4 month old! We sure have loved watching Simon learn and grow and we're excited to watch what this next year will bring in his development.

Here are some pictures over his 2 years of life:
One week old
2 months old and already flashing his adorable smile!

Almost 5 months old and already taking after Daddy!

Simon on his 1st birthday
We love you Simon!! As a side note, I sang to him when I woke him up in the morning and he was so excited. I said yeah and clapped after the song to get him excited for his birthday. Then I sang to him several different birthday songs several times during our car ride to work and after each one, he would clap and say "Yeahhhh". It was adorable!! I love that he was so excited for his special day. I can't wait for his party on Saturday and hope he has a good time!

2 comments:

Given Family said...

Happy Birthday Simon. What a cute kid. I'm sure his party was a lot of fun. Can't believe you have two little boys now 2 and younger. So brave and what a good mommy you are! So cute you sang to him in the car and he knew about his birthday.

Given Family said...

oh by the way I love the collage of pictures you have on the header of the blog so cute! and so creative!