Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Cute Things

Man...I'm on a roll! Two posts in 2 days. I guess I'm trying to make up for not posting in 3 1/2 months. Well, something Simon did this morning with Isaac made me start thinking of all the cute and fun things the boys have been doing lately that I really should document.

  • Simon held Isaac's hand this morning (1/18) while I brushed Isaac's gums. It was adorable!!
  • Simon loves being near Isaac...ALL THE TIME! He gets really mad at me when I take Isaac away even if it's for safety reasons or Isaac is unhappy. 
  • Whenever Simon sits or lays next to Isaac he always smiles and says "Cheese". He sure likes his picture being taken with his little brother!!
  • Simon loves giving Eskimo kisses at night just before bed time. It used to be just Daddy would do it with Simon when he was younger, but now Simon likes to share them with everyone...especially Isaac. The funny thing is both of them usually have their mouths wide open during the process and the noses barely touch...yucky but funny! (That reminds me...I need to get a video of it to remember Simon's face when he does it...priceless.)
  • Simon has already started "wrestling" with Isaac. He is trying to give hugs and love Isaac but it turns into Simon tackling Isaac to the ground. Isaac is such a good sport and usually laughs even when he's underneath his big brother. I can't wait until Isaac can "fight back".
  • Simon's vocabulary and speaking ability has exploded these last few months! He could repeat most words but he wouldn't really speak in phrases or sentences ever. Lately his favorite words are: apple juice, apple sauce, home, cereal, Isaac and many more. I'm still trying to decipher all of his words though. 
  • Simon loves staying home. Going back to daycare after being home for a week and a half with the holidays and sicknesses was really hard for him. When we're in the car he usually repeats the word "home" with different phrases so I know he wants to go home to see Daddy, or play with different toys, or just go home.
  • Isaac loves to sit up and play with anything within reaching distance. He'll reach so far that he ends up rolling onto his stomach if he really wants something. 
  • Isaac recently discovered his feet and toes within the last 2 weeks. He will now eat his toes when he's laying on his back for diaper changes or sometimes when he's sitting up he'll bend in half and start chewing on his toes. It's so funny to watch!
  • We think Isaac said Dada last week. So that has been the first word for both boys. I try to get him to say Mama but all he does when I say it is get this really big smile on his face. At least I'll take that as recognizing and loving me!
  • Simon grows more independent each day. He wants to help with everything and wants to do things all by himself. It is amazing what things he has used as a stool these days to get the height he needs to accomplish his task!
  • Yesterday (1/17) when I picked up Simon from daycare I walked into the room and saw Simon playing in a little toy house. As soon as I said his name and he saw me, he came running out of it into my arms yelling Mama!! It made me feel so incredibly loved.
  • Simon's imagination is wonderful. He got a play kitchen for Christmas and he absolutely loves to play with it. He washes things in the sink, gets me drinks all the time, makes pasta and cookies always, etc. It is so fun to watch his imagination grow.

No comments: