Monday, May 09, 2011

Creativity

Simon is a little copy cat! He loves to mimic the things he sees us do. Which is cute, yet keeps us on our toes to not do things we don't want him to copy. He has put on my extra apron before when he's pulled it out of the kitchen drawer but on April 14th he wanted to wear Mommy's nice apron after I took it off. Yes, it's frilly and girly, but he was adorably handsome in it regardless! He walked around the house with his big spoon for quite some time with it on.
Then I showed him the pockets and he was in heaven! I think this means he's ready for a tool belt soon!! Much more manly but still can be adorable.


The weekend of April 16th, Simon got really sick. He woke up from his afternoon nap with throw up in his crib. He threw up several more times that evening and into the night. It is so sad to see him that sick. I can't tell you how much laundry I did that weekend trying to keep up with all the dirty sheets and clothes he went through. Sunday he stopped throwing up but had bad diarrhea which also produced lots of laundry. He wasn't perfectly better by Sunday night so I enlisted my sister, Maria, to watch him on Monday during her spring break. She is such a great help to us and so willing to watch Simon any time. She watched him in the morning and I took the afternoon off work after I finished with meetings. He sure was super cuddly, smiley, and fun to play with even with not feeling well. When I was with him that afternoon he decided he wanted to wear his hats...yes, two hats at the same time. It was too funny and cute so I had to document it. Even with a runny nose he looks adorable!! I was so glad I was able to spend the afternoon with him and help him get better.

He loves to cheese for the camera!
Then he wants to see his picture right after.

No comments: