We're all in for changes though. Juggling 2 kids, less sleep at night, loving 2 little boys, family coming to help/visit, no work for me during the summer (yipee) and just remembering how to take care of newborn all over again! I've been thinking about these things a lot the past few days and some times I just get overwhelmed, but we are excited for all the joy ahead of us!
In other news...Simon is now 18 months old!! We took him in a week late for his appointment but he is growing just fine. I don't have the exact stats with me but he is in the 60% for height, 75% for weight, and 97% for head size. All the better for that smart, large brain he has in there!! (It does explain why a lot of his shirts have a hard time fitting over his head these days but they still fit his body just right!) So all is well with him. He absolutely hated the shots this time. It seems like each time he goes in they either get slower at being able to do the shots or he likes them less and less. He got really, really sad after this go around and it broke my heart to be holding his arms down when I wish I could have been holding him and making him feel better. Luckily he has always calmed down fairly quickly after each visit.
I love this stage he is in. He's curious (which sometimes gets him in trouble) but he wants to learn. It fascinates me to sit and watch him explore and see him start to understand some things. Sometimes I feel like I can see the wheels turning in his head as he explores. He has started saying more distinguishable words these days too. His newest word this past week was waffle. I was totally thrown off guard on that one. We had just eaten waffles on Saturday and I was getting a leftover one out for his Sunday breakfast and as I was holding it he looked at it and said waffle. I felt like the proudest mother ever!!! Brian and I are constantly amazed at the new things he can do.
I have been terrible at taking pictures the past several months. My little sister has been taking more pictures of Simon than I have lately. So until I get copies of those pictures, you can enjoy some of the old "baby" pictures I have been adoring recently in anticipation of our new arrival. Will he look like Simon? Will he have blond hair? Oh, the excitement!
I still have a hard time remembering him being this tiny!! (1 week old)

Boy he sure has grown up fast!! Hopefully we'll get his 18 month pictures taken this weekend.



No comments:
Post a Comment