Look at that face!! He sure is cute! Just over a week ago I was sitting in the backseat with Simon (which doesn't usually happen) so when he kept reaching for my sunglasses I took the opportunity to let him try them out. (They are $5 Walmart glasses so I wasn't terribly worried). He was ecstatic when I put them on his face. He even did really well with not touching them for a few minutes. He just thought he was so cool and special to be wearing my sunglasses!Unfortunately, it has started him wanting them every time he sees them. He will even go so far as to do something really cute with his hands up by his eyes with a serious face to tell me that he really needs them. It's a cross between pointing and rubbing his eyes. It almost works...I guess it's time to get him a pair of toddler sized sunglasses all his own. It is getting sunnier these days so I may break down and get him some. How cute would that be?!?!
Some other things he does lately:
- I always sing to Simon just before I lay him down in his bed. Some nights when he gets really worked up or he wakes up in the middle of the night, I go back in to console him. When he is really upset he DOES NOT want to be sung to! I always try though. The way I know he doesn't want me to sing?? He puts his hand over my mouth and starts crying harder! And I thought he liked my singing...
- He can pull himself up on the bar stool in the kitchen...scares me to death!
- Loves closing doors, especially to "hide" somewhere. Our laundry room is off the kitchen with the pantry in there too. This is Simon's favorite place to play right now. If the door is open for more than 5 seconds, he is in there and won't come out without being physically removed, which leads to him throwing a fit. He can't close the door all the way because he doesn't understand door knobs yet, but he grabs the door and closes it from the inside as far as he can. Then he thinks no one is watching him and he's free to do whatever he wants. It's very fascinating to watch through the cracked open door. The first time this really happened I watched him for several minutes looking around at everything and I could just see him processing everything, especially Daddy's gloves on top of the dryer. Then he walked over to the package of paper towels in front of the washer and started to climb on top. That's when I stopped him because I knew it wasn't sturdy enough. He sure is a smart kid but hopefully that won't lead to too many dangerous stunts.
- He loves being outside! He gets really mad when he can't stay outside after he walks from the car to the front door. He usually comes up to the door and tries to close it, leaving him on the outside and us on the inside!
- A Muppet's movie was on TV yesterday and for the first time Simon actually sat and watched it for a little while. However, he preferred to be sitting on Daddy's lap while doing so! I thought it was adorable. If he has the choice, Simon prefers Daddy to read him stories. I treasure the moments I get to watch them share together!
No comments:
Post a Comment