I know it's been a while and I've promised to post pictures but it's late and I don't feel like making this very long but I needed to express my appreciation for generous people! Over the past month we have been blessed by two women in our ward, each wanting to get rid of their baby things or baby clothes. The first lady announced she wanted to give away all her baby clothes the Sunday after we found out we were having a boy. What perfect timing right?? Her son is 4 now so she had clothes from newborn all the way to 3T and wanted to get rid of all of it. I was amazed at that wonderful blessing for our little boy.
Then on Wednesday while I was waiting for Brian to pick me up after work, I received a phone call from someone in the ward passing along the word to expecting mothers of a lady wanting to get rid of all her baby things. After she told me some of the things she was giving away I thanked her for letting me know and that I would contact the lady about looking at the stuff. She asked if those were things that I needed and I said yes, we don't have anything really yet. To my surprise she told me that she wouldn't call anyone else until I had gone to get what I wanted and then to give her a call back to tell her what was left so she could call the next person. I was shocked! There are probably 5-10 people in the ward pregnant right now and I just figured everyone was getting called and it would be based on first-come-first-served. I didn't recognize the name of the lady I was calling but I knew I needed to make the call regardless. It turns out I had met her shortly after moving into the ward and she has been nice to me ever since then. Brian and I stopped by her house on the way home from work and she showed me all of the things she had. We got some more baby clothes, a vibrating baby seat, and a CRIB!! I couldn't believe it...a crib that had been through her 5 kids and still looked nice...and for free!!!! As we loaded up the car I didn't know what to say, so I just kept saying thank you. As we drove away all I wanted to do was shed some tears of gratitude. Brian and I feel so blessed by the generosity we have received so early on and I just needed to express our gratitude in writing so I will always remember.
2 comments:
Those blessings are glorious and amazing! I'm so excited for you!!!!
You'll have to show us pictures of the set-up! That's so nice! Your baby is going to be very loved :)
Post a Comment