Well, I was thinking of changing my background in honor of our little baby but since I haven't posted I haven't looked at my blog for quite a while and it seems to fit perfectly actually. Yes, for all those who haven't heard...we're having a boy!! We are so excited! We went to the doctor on May 4th for the ultrasound. They said I was a little early for an ultrasound (18 1/2 weeks) but they checked out everything and the baby seems to be doing well. He is developing right on schedule. I was really grateful for the confirmation that all is well.
I've even started to feel him moving just a little bit. Some days I feel it more than others but it's kind of a weird sensation at first. It's more like a fluttering in your belly so sometimes it's hard to distinguish. I'm still getting comments from everyone that I don't even look pregnant. If only I felt like I didn't look pregnant...but I know what's hidden underneath, I can just hide it more with certain clothes. Someone at church yesterday even asked me if I had paid to have an early ultrasound because I definitely was not big enough to already know what we're having. I just smile and chuckle and say..."I get that a lot!" I'm just not sure how to respond anymore. Especially to those who are within a month or so of my due date. How do you respond without offending even when you're not trying to?? Oh well, I'll enjoy my size while it lasts because I can feel that in the next few weeks I'm going to pop out more. People at work say that I'm starting to show more so I guess it depends on how well you know me and what I looked like before!
On another note, I've had a lot of family in town over the past month. I'll have to post pictures eventually of our fun Easter with Brian's family in Ogden. Then the next week my dad came to town to take Kyle home from college and my sister Tammy and her family came to visit to see Kyle one last time before his mission. Then Tammy came into town two weekends ago for Women's Conference and we did sister things. Tammy and her family came back down (unplanned trip) this past weekend for our Grandpa's funeral on Saturday. It was a nice service and a beautiful day for the funeral in Park City. It was nice to see so much of my mom's family since I don't see them usually more than once a year or so. Grandpa Bob will be missed but I know he is not suffering anymore and is home.
Sorry I haven't updated in so long but I have been super busy at work and don't want to get on a computer again when I get home to update. More updates and pictures to come. Spring is beautiful here and picture taking is prime so I need to get back in to the habit of taking pictures and share our adventures!
5 comments:
Congratulations!!!
That is exciting news. We look forward to seeing your lil boy come September!
I'm so excited for you! Little boys are so much fun. I am just in love with our little Bradley. Be sure to take lots of profile tummy pictures! It's fun to see the progress. When I was 16 weeks I thought I looked huge and now that I look back I realize I didn't look pregnant at all. I got the "you don't look pregnant at all" comments for a long time and it can be annoying. Sorry you have to deal with that sometimes!
Congratulations! A boy will be so fun. A little Robert Downey Jr. Jr. :)
Congrats you guys! Now you can start shopping for little boy things! Do you have any name ideas?
Post a Comment