Saturday, January 24, 2009

Physical Therapy Update

So while I am updating I may as well keep going. I guess some of you may be wondering how my knee has been doing since I haven't said much since I was in the pool and able to walk again. I dropped down to only going twice a week to physical therapy at the beginning of January and hope to drop down to only once a week starting next week. I graduated from the pool about 2 weeks ago and the therapist gradually has been adding different exercises to my workout.

I have felt quite an improvement over the past couple of weeks. I have felt my muscles coming back and my knee getting stronger. I am only about 5 degrees away from having total mobility back in bending my knee. Those last 5 degrees aren't coming easily though! I am able to do almost all the exercises at home and I keep myself motivated to work hard to get back to normal.

I see the surgeon next Thursday, the 29th for another follow-up. He seemed slightly disappointed at my last appointment because I was still stiff but I think he forgot at that point I had only been able to walk on it for 1 week! I'm hoping he'll be more impressed this time but I'd better work hard this week to be even better!!! It's been 10 1/2 weeks so far since my surgery so I think I've come a long way. I'm just ready for it to be the full 6 months and be done with physical therapy!! It will go by fast enough though. Here's to keeping up the progress and getting full mobility back very soon!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

I am so glad that you are having a successful recovery Laura. Now, no more basketball for awhile okay?!