Then the rest of the area has flags set up in the shape of a star. There are 10 stops along the "journey" (each outer and inner point of the star) that have a statement and question. Most of them were basically asking if you were willing to do ______ for your freedom (or your rights, etc). Mainly to promote pride in your country.
It wasn't quite as exciting as what we were expecting but we just bought a new camera so we had a lot of fun trying out different settings and playing with it to get cool shots with the flags. I am proud to be an American!
I think this picture of Brian is really cool. If you know him you will agree that it just soots him to be posed in front of the American flag. Especially with a thoughtful look.
I have always loved the 4th of July and all the festivities that go along with it. It is a holiday that I associate being around family members and I look forward to that gathering each year. However, I feel like Brian has really helped me see a different side of Patriotism. Not to just see the fun but to be grateful for the history of our nation and the freedoms we have. He has taught me that we need to be involved in society today to help keep those freedoms alive and to maintain a good country for our posterity to live in as well. Thank you for helping me see a different side of our daily freedoms.
1 comment:
Love the pictures. Have fun with your new camera!
Post a Comment