Thursday, July 10, 2008

4th of July Parade

I know it's a week late but that's better than the camping pictures that I promised 2 weeks ago and still haven't posted! For the 4th of July, Brian and I went to the Freedom Festival Parade that morning and had a pretty good spot to watch everything considering how crazy early people stake their claim on a spot (You can see how crowded it is in the first picture). Some people even came out and sat on their roof to watch the parade. I thought that was the best option.
There were some pretty cool floats (which can be seen in the pictures above). It's kind of small but if you click on it you can see it much better. It took me back to my childhood to see Babar the Elephant in the parade! Again, the Primary Children's Medical Center did a fantastic float (the Pirates of the Caribbean). They have one of the best floats each year and I love them! Some of the Star Wars action figures made an appearance. And don't forget the BYU float, followed by the BYU Semi with athletes, student body officers, cheerleaders, etc. School spirit!! Brian's favorite was the piggy bank and the farm for the Bank of American Fork. It was pretty clever and cute.
The night before the 4th we went downtown to the booths and checked things out. There wasn't anything too exciting there so after wandering through everything we finally decided on "Twisted Tators" for dinner. It was basically a potato cut with a machine that thinly slices the potato in one really big piece. Think of an apple peeler and the apple peel looks like when it's done and that is what the entire potato looked like. Then it was fried so it was crispy. You season it and enjoy! It was pretty greasy but delicious and so much fun! I intended to take a picture but we were so hungry that we didn't even give it a second thought once we started eating...sorry.

No comments: