Then we went to the pond and saw the numerous and rather large goldfish. As soon as we walked up they all seemed to gather in one area like it was feeding time or something. I was amazed at how big some of them were.
The gardens have different sections that are all uniquely named. This is a picture of us in the Secret Garden. As you can see, there's not much growth in the garden. It was pretty though, with a water fountain in the middle.
Here you can barely see just a couple of tulips in bloom but you can see where all the tons more are supposed to be (pretty much where all the green is). Still pretty but slightly disappointing when you're expecting to see hundreds of beautiful tulips.
We were pretty discouraged at this point so we detoured off to the children's garden area. Here as soon as we walked up the hill found a beautiful section by a building with all the tulips in full bloom. They were so pretty and I was so excited that I went a little overboard on taking pictures of them. I'll spare you all my attempts and just show you one that Brian took. That made the trip worth while right there.
Further into the children's area we found Noah's Ark. Brian began tending to the animals and you can see Noah in the background to the left. It looked like it usually had water in it for the children to play in but it was still cold so it was empty. Brian loved it! I think he enjoyed the whole children's area the best! There was also a bear cave, a light house kids could actually go inside, and some mazes in the bushes.
After we ate lunch we walked behind the waterfalls. When we first looked from the front, only two or three on the right side were on. We were confused as to why not all of them were running but after we walked above them all and came back to the front, we realized during the time it took us to do that, they had all turned on. We both love waterfalls so it was really cool and beautiful.
1 comment:
I have been dying to go to the Tulip Festival. Maybe I'll have to wait a little bit longer, so I make sure there are acutally tulips there! I love tulips. Cute posts. :)
Post a Comment