Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Surprise...

So two week ago today I came home from work sick. I left the house not feeling the best but forced myself to work anyway. I didn't last long though. Brian heard keys in the door around 10:30 and was surprised to see me walking in. I went straight to the bedroom and didn't say anything. I crashed on the bed and Brian came in to find out what was wrong. I explained that I had thrown up at work and now I just wanted to sleep. I slept the rest of the afternoon waking up every hour or so feeling nauseous so I would roll back over and fall back asleep. I think I finally got out of bed around 6 or 7. The next day was similar. I woke up in the morning enough to call my boss to tell her I wouldn't be coming in and slept until about 11. Brian was very good at taking care of me by forcing me to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water and trying to get me to eat some crackers. I finally felt a lot better by 3 or 4.

Luckily people at work were great and helped keep up on things while I was sick. I happened to be sick on the day grades were due so grade change forms were coming in like crazy that afternoon...thanks Jess and Coral. It took me a couple of days to really get my appetite back but once I did...boy was I hungry! So not fun having a stomach bug!!

So the surprise is... on Saturday of that week Brian brought me home flowers!! After being sick and then having a stressful rest of the week, Brian thought I needed some flowers to cheer me up! He's so sweet and knows just how to melt my heart. They were tulips, which have been blooming like crazy around here the last month and I had mentioned to Brian how much I like them. So he did a good job at picking them out. I love when my husband surprises me, especially with fresh flowers. They make me so happy!! So I'm back up and running and still enjoying the end of my flowers and the beautiful spring weather. Here are some pictures of the pretty flowers.

2 comments:

Given Family said...

Glad you are feeling better and those flowers are really pretty. And I must share this, hopefully you'll find it funny :) As I was reading your blog I was holding my breath as I though you might be pregnant!!! Hey all the symptoms sounded familiar :) and I was getting really excited for you! Even the blog title got me curious too :) Although, it wasn't that, it had a cute happy ending. It made me smile and be happy for you! :)

Emilee said...

I am sorry that you were sick :( Are you pregnant?