Friday, May 25, 2012

Accident Prone??

So lately Simon has had at least one "owie" somewhere on his body at all times. The latest, and possibly the worst so far, happened yesterday at daycare. When I picked him up there was an "Owie Note" for me saying he fell off his chair in the lunchroom area and scraped his back and he was given a band-aid and antiseptic. I wondered how bad it could be so when I saw him I lifted up his shirt to see if I could see anything. To my complete surprise there were 2 huge band-aids on his back. Poor kid, they took up almost a quarter of his little back.
I couldn't see much and he wasn't about to hold still for me to peek so before bath time I had to document the bandaging and see just how bad it was. Again, I was surprised to see just how big the scratch was. He was a tough boy when I took the bandages off but he sure wouldn't let me touch it in the tub to try and clean it. Poor little one! I'm sure it burned.
Brian got home just after the boys got out of the bath so he was able to see it and help clean it out with Hydrogen Peroxide and put Neosporin on it while I got Isaac dressed. Simon sure is a tough boy but it was sad to see him try to get comfortable while Daddy read him a book last night. He tried laying on his stomach but that was even uncomfortable. He even woke up in the middle of the night and just wanted to be held. Here's hoping it heals quickly and doesn't get infected.

I guess now is the time to go out and buy all different sizes of band-aids. Never had a use for abnormal sized band-aids until now. Here's to life with little boys!!

When I was trying to take pictures of his bandages, he insisted I take a picture of his knee owie too. He got this as he ran out the door and tripped down the stairs the other day at home. The picture isn't great but all these pictures were taken with my old crappy, slow camera and quick moving little ones since Brian had our nice one. It's a nice scab though.
Also, speaking of owies, he got a good splinter while playing outside at his cousin's house at the beginning of May. That was fun to get out! And then a few weeks ago, he had a HORRIBLE set of scratches on his face right around his left eye. Apparently he was scratched by another kid. But this was awful, especially because it was so close to his eye. It started to look like he had a black eye a few days later. I'll take the bumps, bruises, and scrapes to anything worse!!

No comments: