Then on Friday, I picked up Simon to come visit my work and go trick-or-treating around the office. Brian came too. He got some candy but didn't quite get the whole pick one then put it in the basket yet. He preferred to keep it in his hand. That made it more difficult to get the next piece! He started putting his candy in the next bowl in order to free his hand to get a new one. It was hilarious! I had fun showing him off at work and letting him walk around to show off his new "trick".
Dorothy, the Scarecrow, & the Wizard
Saturday, it rained all afternoon so I was concerned the ward Trunk-or-Treat wouldn't happen. My sister Maria came down to go with us since Brian had to work. We decided to head over just after 4pm to see if it had been moved inside or what was going on. To my surprise and delight, there were lots of people lined up in the parking lot with umbrellas participating! We pulled in and got out our bowl of candy. Unfortunately we only had one umbrella so we were all huddled together to keep dry. Then I left Maria at the trunk so Simon and I could go around to the other cars. He had a lot of fun and finally by the end I think he had it down pretty well. Brian showed up towards the end of the activity but it was fun to have him there with us. Simon sure did have a good time and I sure do like how much candy he got (for me)!! Funny thing, he doesn't like candy. We tried giving him a few things but he wouldn't keep it in his mouth very long before spitting it out. I guess he's more like his daddy! I am grateful though that he still eats healthy food for the most part. The sugar stage will come later I'm sure.
For dinner that night we made mummy dogs (hot dogs wrapped in biscuit dough), chili and baked potatoes. It was yummy but then in the middle of the night Simon got sick. At 4 am he woke up crying and I felt like I should go check on him. He had thrown up all over his bed so he was sitting up in the corner just crying. We got it all cleaned up and him back to bed 45 minutes later. Sunday night I started feeling sick and then Monday Brian started feeling sick. I'm doing much better, just hesitant to eat a whole lot. Brian is still pretty bad and stayed in bed all yesterday afternoon. Hopefully we're all getting over it and on the mend. Luckily Simon is doing much better now and we didn't all get it at the same time.
No comments:
Post a Comment