Simon has been so close to walking for a while now and on Thursday Sep 9 he took a step from holding onto his high chair to my leg. He did this completely on his own with no encouragement or anything from me!! I was SOOO excited when this happened and I tried to get him to do it again. He prefers crawling so when I let go of him he stands there for a minute, then sits down and proceeds to crawl.
When my family was in town about 2 weeks ago (now over a month ago), my brothers were determined to get him to walk that weekend. My little sister, Maria, took Simon down to the basement on Thursday night, 9/9/10 and came back up wanting to show me what Simon was doing with her. She tried to get him to walk again but he gets really excited when you let go of him that he almost just throws himself forward to get to the other person. He took a few steps in between people that night and a little bit on Friday too.
The big shock came on Saturday, 9/11/10, just after my Grandma's funeral. We were back at her house and we were playing with Simon. Everyone was encouraging him and we had a few people spread out for him to try and walk to. Lucky for me, he liked walking to me the best!! So after he seemed to get his feet under him we kept moving further apart and he did a really good job!!! We got probably 5-6 feet apart and Brian video taped this milestone.
He still definitely prefers to crawl or walk around holding onto the wall, couch, cupboards, etc. but soon enough he will be running around faster than I can catch up so I won't push him too hard. He'll do it more when he wants to.
FYI-I originally wrote this on 9/22 but have been trying to upload a video of Simon walking ever since. I have given up at this point so just imagine an adorable baby boy with a HUGE smile on his face wobbling towards you!
2 comments:
That's awesome! Way to go Simon!
So exciting! We need to get our kiddos together one of these days.
Post a Comment