So I decided to update my blog today. I seem to be getting sick of the background I choose rather quickly so I taught myself how to change stuff so I can do it more often! So I hope you enjoy the new look.
Past events:
For Memorial Day weekend we went to a wedding reception Friday night, cleaned the house on Saturday, and just relaxed Sunday and Monday. So it was just a relaxing holiday weekend. One really neat thing about this weekend was the cemetery by our house. There were tons of cars from Friday through Monday - every day, all the time. We took a walk on Sunday through the cemetery and loved seeing all the flowers and people remembering their family and friends. It was such a touching experience. I loved walking and driving by all week just admiring all the beautiful colors in an ordinarily uneventful area.
On to recent events:
Thursday last week Brian's dad came in to town for a business meeting. He stayed with us for two nights. On Friday night he took us out to Tucanos...it was yummy! Then on Saturday morning we drove up to Ogden to visit Brian's grandfather. We got someone to substitute for us in Nursery on Sunday so we stayed overnight. It was really fun to see Grandpa again and spend some time with him. We don't get up to visit family much at all (especially now with gas prices being so high we don't even leave Provo most of the time. I met Brian's aunt and uncle that live in Brigham City for dinner Saturday night. We made dutch oven lasagna and peach cobbler. It was really good. We had a good time chatting most of the day and being out in the backyard. Brian and I both realized how much we missed having a backyard to just be in. The weather was beautiful but a little chill was in the air after dinner as we sat around and talked. However, I may have been the only one who thought that.
Then Sunday we went to church and I really enjoyed it. It was so great to be in a ward with some older people and not jam-packed with infants and toddlers. Then Brian's dad went to the airport that afternoon and Brian and I stayed for dinner and chatted more with Grandpa. Then we drove home that evening. It was such a relaxing and fun weekend spent with family.
1 comment:
I love the new and improved template! Your title is way cute, how did you do that?!
Post a Comment