When my phone rings early in the morning it's usually not a good sign. So when my phone rang while I was in the shower this morning, I knew something was wrong.
My grandma, Anna Lou Seely, slipped peacefully to the other side during the night. This Saturday, September 11th would mark her 9 year anniversary of being diagnosed with breast cancer. She sure was a fighter! She definitely had her ups and downs over the years but she truly fought through some tough times.
I will always remember her fun, spunky personality. The fleece blanket she made for me and each of her grandkids. That was Grandma's thing. I will remember the poem she wrote for Simon when he was born. There are so many wonderful things I will remember about her.
One of the greatest things that brings me so much comfort during this time is that she is no longer suffering. When her chemo treatments changed a few weeks ago, the side effects were really hard on her. She has suffered long enough and Heavenly Father has called her home. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of families and the eternities. I will see Grandma again and I am so grateful for the example she has set for me and all of her posterity.
My grandma, Anna Lou Seely, slipped peacefully to the other side during the night. This Saturday, September 11th would mark her 9 year anniversary of being diagnosed with breast cancer. She sure was a fighter! She definitely had her ups and downs over the years but she truly fought through some tough times.
I will always remember her fun, spunky personality. The fleece blanket she made for me and each of her grandkids. That was Grandma's thing. I will remember the poem she wrote for Simon when he was born. There are so many wonderful things I will remember about her.
One of the greatest things that brings me so much comfort during this time is that she is no longer suffering. When her chemo treatments changed a few weeks ago, the side effects were really hard on her. She has suffered long enough and Heavenly Father has called her home. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have of families and the eternities. I will see Grandma again and I am so grateful for the example she has set for me and all of her posterity.
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. It sounds like she was an amazing women!
It's so hard to lose a grandparent. I hope you are doing okay. She sounds like a really good grandma.
Post a Comment