Friday, August 14, 2009

Baby Update

So on Wednesday we had our ultrasound and doctors appointment. It was fun to see our baby again and it was a little easier to tell what things were now that he's bigger. He weighs 4 lbs 6 oz and all his measurements were right around the 50th percentile. So it looks like we're right on schedule for a normal size baby boy! Yes, it was confirmed that he's still a boy. She wanted to trick us but said she's done that in the past and she has felt bad so she didn't. She even saw a little bit of hair on his head. So the baby looks very healthy and is growing just fine. Nothing to be worried about.

After she was done she asked when our next doctors appointment was and I told her it was right after the ultrasound. She apologized for explaining everything in such detail because that's what the doctor would do at the appointment. She walked me across to the other building and checked me in. A minute later she came and told me that it would be about 20 minutes or so and that if I didn't want to I didn't need to see the doctor that day. She said they know the baby is doing well and if I don't have any issues or problems to talk to the doctor about then I could just get my weight, blood pressure, etc done and come back in 2 weeks. I opted not to wait since it had already been about an hour since we got there so that was nice not to wait longer. I figured if he was just going to tell me the same things the ultrasound nurse had told me then what was the point. Besides, I'll be back in two weeks anyway!

We bought a car seat/stroller travel system on Monday and last night Brian put it together. It's pretty big but that was expected. Now we just have to store it until the baby decides to come. I feel more prepared now that we have that though. It's funny how having that one thing makes me feel so much better. There's still more to do in preparation but we're getting there one step at a time!

On a side note...Brian turned the big 3-0 on Wednesday so that was an eventful day for us! He's been super busy with work this week so we didn't get to do much in celebration but the people at his office did a little something and then I made him a brownie cake for that evening. I know it wasn't the big party he was wanting but I think he appreciated the efforts made to celebrate.

My dad's in town again this week for business so we're having another family BBQ on Sunday. This time it will be all of my dad's siblings and several cousins so I am excited to see them. Hopefully I'll take a few pictures so I have a more interesting post next time.

1 comment:

Baird Family said...

Thanks for the update. It's great hearing how little Brian Jr is doing. BTW do you have a name(s) picked out yet? Love you.