Saturday, August 23, 2008
24th of July BBQ
So it's been a month since I last blogged and a lot has been happening around here since then. On the 24th of July, Pioneer Day, I had the day off so we took advantage of it. In the late afternoon my sister and her husband came over for a BBQ at our house. We set up a table in the front yard and had corn on the cob and Brats. It was really yummy!


Then we roasted marshmallows on the coals from the barbeque. It was a delightful and fun meal!
Then Brian has made a new tradition the past 2 years. On the first BBQ of the season, he burns the gingerbread house made during the Christmas holiday season. I know it's towards the end of the summer but this really was our first bbq this summer. It was finally time to burn the house and say hello to more space on the top of the fridge!! It was pretty cool to watch it go down.

Sugar sure does burn like crazy! It helps when it has lighter fluid on it too. :)
The onlookers: Tim was having just as much fun with the fire as Brian was. He talked about adopting it as one of his traditions even.
The glowing embers inside the charbroiled house...now don't you want to adopt this tradition in your own family??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That looks like fun and made me laugh. I am glad you two have so much fun togetehr.
LOL. I love the burning gingerbread house. I am so not showing this to Cole.
Post a Comment