Also, our niece Trissa had an attachment to me. After church when we weren't there right after they got home, she went around the house saying, "Where's Aunt Laura, where's Aunt Laura?" It was pretty cute to hear someone tell me that when I did finally get to there house. I have missed my sisters kids being around so it was nice to have a little kid snuggle up to me and want to sit on my lap.
Monday, March 17, 2008
Family
So the main reason we went down to California at the time we did was for the blessing of our new nephew. We had fun visiting with family but it made Brian and I wish that we could live closer to our nieces and nephews. On Sunday (3/2) when we got to Brian's sisters house I was asked if I would give the baby a bath. I had seen it done before with my sisters kids but never actually done it. I was nervous so I grabbed Brian and made him come with me even though he had no clue what he was doing or how to even help (it was mainly for moral support). So, come to find out, I gave the baby his first bath in his baby tub. He was a really good baby and loved the bath. No crying as long as he was kept warm. Then I helped my sister-in-law put him in his blessing day outfit. He is really cute and has such a calm temperament.

Also, our niece Trissa had an attachment to me. After church when we weren't there right after they got home, she went around the house saying, "Where's Aunt Laura, where's Aunt Laura?" It was pretty cute to hear someone tell me that when I did finally get to there house. I have missed my sisters kids being around so it was nice to have a little kid snuggle up to me and want to sit on my lap.
And of course, we had family pictures after the big event at church. It has Brian's whole family except his dad who was pretty sick for the weekend.
After church we had a nice lunch and the weather was so beautiful that we ate outside. Then we had fun giving the family their late Christmas presents from us. The main ones for the kids were just way too big to ship. We even made the kids come out to the truck and get their own presents. They were so excited and pretty much ran down the street to the truck. The littlest one was kind of sad he didn't have anything to carry back but they were just a bit heavy for him so he just held my hand. We really had a great time with them that day and didn't want to leave! We just hope it isn't a really long time before we get to see them again!
We also had the opportunity to go to the Newport Beach temple with Brian's mom on Saturday (3/1). It was a cloudy day but it was still a beautiful sight. The stone is slightly pink so it is very unique. It was a really neat experience. We had a lot of fun playing and relaxing with family.
Also, our niece Trissa had an attachment to me. After church when we weren't there right after they got home, she went around the house saying, "Where's Aunt Laura, where's Aunt Laura?" It was pretty cute to hear someone tell me that when I did finally get to there house. I have missed my sisters kids being around so it was nice to have a little kid snuggle up to me and want to sit on my lap.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment